WANT TO SHOW THE LOVE OF JESUS AT MARY FORD?
WE CAN SHOW YOU THE WAY!
Westminster Presbyterian is a partner with Mary Ford Elementary School in the education of children and the improvement of the community. Here are ways you can be involved this year.
- ADOPT A CLASSROOM: Individuals or groups can sponsor a classroom, helping provide supplies, encouragement, and support to teachers and students.
- READING PARTNERS: Spend time with struggling student by reading together. 1 hour a week.
- LUNCH BUDDIES: Come have lunch with a student once a week. Building a relationship of support, love, and encouragement. 1 hour a week.
- AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM: 150 students stay after school for this program. Help with homework, other activities, or just hang out. 1-3 hours a week.
- TREATS FOR TEACHERS: Teachers meet together every Monday after-school. Encourage them by dropping off snacks or homemade goodies.
- OFFICE VOLUNTEER: Make copies, answer the phone, sign in visitors. 1 + hour (s) a week.
- BACKPACK BUDDIES: About once a month after Wonderful Wednesday supper, we pack weekend food kits for students. All ages can help; watch the eNews for upcoming dates.
- ANGEL TREE: Provide Christmas presents for a student at Christmastime.
- BOOKS FOR STUDENTS: Build the school library, classroom libraries, or home libraries through the donation of new and gently used books.
- MONETARY GIFTS: Your gifts help provide equipment, treats, and incentives for student. Computers are in short supply in the school. Last year, kids were rewarded with treats form the dollar store all the way up to a school-wide incentive program for an Xbox.
For more information or to volunteer, contact Jim Frye@firstname.lastname@example.org